September 9, 2013

the ubiquitous napkin skort.


Vince top, Zara skort, Iscov bag, Zara heels, Topshop necklace.

The last of my photos from when I was back in California...which reveal that I own this (very) ubiquitous Zara skort. That wasn't the reason I hesitated to buy this though; the reason was that for some unexplainable reason, I have absolutely detested skorts for as long as I can remember. Specifically, I can recall there was one particular pair (made of denim with embroidered flowers) when I was six or seven that I really, really hated. Passionately. I don't hate skorts anymore, clearly, but apparently I did still harbour some negative feelings when I saw this skort. And because this piece of fabric is starting to sound like a person, I am going to stop and go to bed instead of typing about my relationships with items of clothing in the middle of the night.
Fun fact: I happened to wear this skort today, and almost mistook it for my napkin during lunch.

11 comments:

Style Me Endless said...

That skirt is to die for! Simple yet very sophisticated at the same time! :)
-Vivian from stylemeendless

Cassandra Too said...

That outfit is beautiful! I love the skort, go really well with the outfit.

Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


cassandra xx
http://backtofive.blogspot.com

MarieAntoinette said...

So stylish! Fantastic :)
Visit my blog ♥
And instagram ♥

Mary Lee said...

omg your style is insane! i just came across your blog and you have such a sleek look and i love it!
www.marylee31.blogspot.com
x

naomihtris said...

You look so pretty! I really like your style.look awesom...

naomihtris.blogspot.com

Stephanie G said...

nice skort.. but can we talk about that gorgeous bag!? so unique!

steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

Wall Of StYle said...

Beautiful outfit i love the casual touch of the tshirt and the chic one of the skirt/pants =)
Kiss
Yle

new post on

www.wallofstyleblog.wordpress.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Such a stunner, love the bag xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Lydia Teo said...

Ah well the famous skort! I don't really hate it but seeing it so many times has discouraged me from buying it...though I love how you styled them!

ravenmaidenmaven.blogspot.com

Mitha Komala said...

love your top and bag dear! you look stunning :) xx

Letters To Juliet

Laura said...

So in love with your blog,really! I've just discovered it and I've been kept by your unique and amazing style, you got one more daily reader honey, I think your style fits perfectly with mine and I find you so inspiring, if you want you can have a look to my blog too, and maybe if you like it we can also follow each other, just let me know and congrats again, you're having such a great job :)
Laura
Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com