August 28, 2013

optical illusion.

American Apparel vest, Forever 21 Skirt, Papermint bag, Bcbgeneration oxfords.

Meant to post again much earlier than this, but in between a memory card reader that decided to stop working and a laptop that temporarily pretended it was permanently dead...that clearly didn't happen. But I already know I lack good luck when it comes to electronics in general. Anyways, on to my spontaneous midnight skirt purchase from last week. I don't know about you but when I first passed by this skirt in the window of Forever 21 I thought it looked like it was knit. When I got a little closer I thought it was checkered. It wasn't until my nose was about 5 inches away from the skirt (okay this might be a slight exaggeration) that I realised it was polka-dotted. So either this skirt has a pretty trippy/optical illusion-like print, or I need a new prescription for my contacts. Or maybe both.

16 comments:

lulu monema said...

Love this style very cute.
http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/

Mira said...

Lovely look. The skirt rocks.

GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

xx Mira

www.glamdevils.com

SLB * said...

your look is perfect ! :)

Charlotte said...

You look adorable! I love this outfit! and your shoes are so cute!

fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

Sanam Mohammad said...

Emily, I really love your bag! It looks like such a great mix-and-match piece :)

And haha, I think my tech is very close to playing dead soon too (especially my laptop!).

Ps. thanks so much for your comment! I really love the navy jumper too, it looks so easy to style :)

A Chic Lifestyle - Mentoring Female Students to Think and Achieve BIG.

thechicndamned said...

I love this skirt paired with the white oxfords!

x karen
www.thechicndamned.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

what a cute outfit!!! I loooove your hair!!! *____*

-theresa
collaredblouse.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Gorgeous outfit i love that skirt! x

http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

Style Me Endless said...

In love with this outfit! It looks so gorg on you! And thanks sweet comment on my blog, it means a lot!
-Vivian from stylemeendless

Mandy Ooi said...

omg that skirt is cute!!! It does look like it's knitted from afar. haha. Great outfit!


xx Mandy

Simona said...

I adore your hair style Emily! :)
xx

Brigita said...

I love a good skater skirt, and this one is amazing, I totally agree on the illusion, but that is what is so interesting about it! :) And thanks for your visit on my blog! :)

Brigita,
http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

Emm said...

Nice look :) I love the minimal colour outfit and the green wall!

Emm
SPIN DIZZY FALL
http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

Eline said...

Your look is perfect, i would wear it right away!

Lydia Teo said...

Oh love the shoes! Very put together outfit :)

ravenmaidenmaven.blogspot.com

Shabrina Hazimi said...

lovely ! loving your skirt and vest ;)

www.shabrinahazimi.blogspot.com