September 10, 2010

you came to me in seamless sleep.






h&m dress, h&m men's sweater, vintage furla handbag i dug out of my grandma's closet, sam edelman clog boots.

Sorry for disappearing again, adjusting to this new life has been more difficult than I thought and it drains whatever energy I have left after tackling the tidal wave of work that's hit me. Which will be yet another thing for my currently fried 18 year old brain to adapt to, since this is only the second week and things are only going to get worse from here on out...and people are only going to get more hardcore and competitive. Not that I expected anything different from law school, but experiencing it is a whole another story.
Also, sorry for the lack of an interesting setting, since I usually try to incorporate nice backgrounds with deserts/lakes/cities and the like in my posts. It's just me and my tripod here (well, my uncle's tripod I borrowed) and I haven't had the time to go search for some nice, secluded setting outside the apartment. So it's just going to be this nice blank wall and old chair, plus some random props, for now.
And last but not least, if you're wondering why I'm wearing winter clothing when it's sweltering in Hong Kong right now...well, that's it precisely. The heat I can deal with, but the humidity is unbearable, and in between sweating more than I ever have in my life just going from class to class, I am officially eschewing summer clothing in my outfit posts. Nothing summery for me anymore, no sir. Give me a blizzard. I'm figuring most people (minus those in the southern hemisphere) are switching into fall/winter mode anyways, so why not?

36 comments:

Not a Paper Cup said...

Really Cool Look:) Love the boots!

Esther said...

i love your hair <3 & i understand what you mean by the humidity; it's just like that in singapore, i'm going crazy! >.<

Under the Fluorescents said...

is that a velvet/velour dress? If so I love velvet for fall/winter! And I love the grandpa sweater! Love the outfit :)

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Isquisofrenia said...

love the velvet on you
man those booties look stunning on you!

Katie said...

Great outfit :)

head over heels said...

love love love the boots! cute dress too and i hope all the work will ease up soon :)

Claire said...

you're in HK? I'm so jealous! It's my hometown so I totally understand about the heat. Thank god for air cons. The humidity would just ruin my hair though. Had to walk through mtrs just to keep cool.

xx

Kayraheart.fashion said...

lovely outfit as usual.. loving ur velvet dress..
P.s. welcome back and hope life would be much easier..
xx

SAVING BETTY said...

even if it just a blank wall and old chair, you still rock it.

love the dress, it looks like it's velvet? and your grandma's furla bag is amazing. i like how it comes with a strap.

i wish i can go to HK...but only in my sleep for now.

ching said...

the clogs are love.

The Runaway Dress said...

Amazing sweater

Amanda Lee said...

haha LOVE those shoes!

you are HKU?

xx
a.

Sherrie Cola said...

Love the dress and your hair!

*Coco said...

this dress and your hair together are like the sky and stars

Pop Champagne said...

omg hot shoes! I love your poses too!

Closet Fashionista said...

Loove the dress! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

jamie-lee said...

i love the velvet dress, it's beautiful!
http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

Trevor said...

its so great to see a post again! =] this outfit looks great on you, i love the dress and shoes. my favorites are the second, third, fourth, and sixth. and even if the background of the pics isnt some park or something, the style still looks great and the pictures are awesome =] i cant wait to see more posts, you look amazing! =]

eliska.h said...

this outfit is fantastic♥

5amjetaime said...

stylish! love the color gray!

becka said...

amazing outfit, love the colors, love everything of it

Jeniffer said...

awesome shoes...

Raquel said...

love your velvet dress and your tan bag :)
I get you on the humidity, it's terrible here too!

Gayle is Volatile said...

Your boots... are too awesome for words. Srsly.

-Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

Carmen To said...

i just came back from hong kong for vacation and i totally know what you mean about the humidity and sweat i have to deal with during my stay. besides that, i love hk and its food/shopping. study hard! you're going to do great! :) btw, i love the dress and shoes. shoes are too expensive for me to buy :(

love,carmen

The Owl's Closet said...

Cute outfit, Emily! That's such a great vintage Furla purse:) Hope things will slow down a bit so you could get some chill time:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Maria said...

All your photos are so lovely! :)

Hope you can visit my blog and follow me back. Thanks!

http://oh-my-maria.blogspot.com/

michelle_ said...

great pics with great attitude as always :)
the velvet dress is just divine !! i love ur clog boots too !
good luck with the move ! i know how new places can be terrifying and weird !

glistersandblisters dot com

ari said...

your shoes are ahmazing!!! was at H&M the other day and saw that amazing velvet dress!! OMG in black and purple... I had to hold off... been doing too much shopping. I might do a diy though...
xo
ari

Anthea said...

You look gorgeous! Love that bag as well!

Anthea,
Embracing Style

LoveSexInk said...

Humidity is torture. We have humidity so horrible it drains energy and makes it hard to breath it seems. It also frizzes hair <_< so not sexy. Anyway, your grandma's bag is IT. I was expecting to read that it was from some high end fancy boutique and was seen on (insert fashionista here) not that you dug it out of your fabulos grandma's closet lol. I love the sweater over the velvet dress. Makes it more daytime friendly.

Laken Linnea said...

your heels are absolutely killer, dear! loving this look, it's great!

love always,
laken

http://chaitealattefashion.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love love love the clog boots! I also saw them on Rumi from fashiontoast, and I just need them...

x

foreignfashion.blogspot.com

TASHA B said...

YEAHH VELVET!!!!!!!


BANGING


http://noirxxxx.blogspot.com/

Neekoh said...

I love your boots!!

XXo,
Neekoh

popdisorder said...

this dress fits you so perfectly!