August 20, 2010

life was on our tongues, on our tongues.








t by alexander wang tee, iro skirt, boutique 9 boots, chains of love necklace, vintage bracelet.

I have an eternal love for playgrounds, especially swings...it's the little kid that always lives on in me. The playground at a park next to my elementary school was recently remodelled, so I just had to go visit.
I've been so lazy about my hair lately, I just stick it up in a bun after a shower and forget about it. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, when I take it out after it's dry it'll semi-resemble beach waves. Which did not happen in these photos. Anyways, this necklace is amazing, I've been trying to pair it with every outfit since it came in the mail. I actually won it from a giveaway by Idle Fascination, can't express how excited I was! I had been searching for a necklace with crosses/a cross for ages. And the shirt was yet another great summer sale find...$25. The perfect breezy summer tee, plus the back is silk, which equals extra points.
Oh and these are my new favorite sunglasses. I didn't want to spend much money so hello Target.

Note: Oops forgot to add this on first time I posted...I've been getting some questions about where I'm going to college/what I'm studying since I mentioned the fact that I'm moving to another country. I figured I'd just answer in a post: I'm going to the University of Hong Kong to study law. All the way across the Pacific Ocean for me...I really need to brush up on my Chinese a little.

33 comments:

behindblueeyes said...

wow amazing pics!
You look gorgeous!
LOve ur shoes :)

Jony said...

Need that necklace!!!
I have a new outfit post with a Chains of Love body chain..
You look great!!!

Under the Fluorescents said...

i feel the same exact way! Those boots remind me of the new Forever 21 ones :)

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Great place for pics :)

alyssa said...

hello! love your blog! your necklace looks awesome! and i want your purse! =D

you're brave for going to school a whole ocean away! i think i'd get homesick on the plane ride. good luck!

Naima Amarilli said...

Your style is so fashinating! Lo adoro!





http://www.giocodidonne.blogspot.com/

joy and amore said...

oh emily,you always gorgeous too,damn i love your skirt and shoes really look comfy and great! :)

Luci Ana said...

your outfit is awesome, love your skirt :)

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this outfit!!! And I do the same thing with my hair and it does the same thing...and even if it gets wavy, its straight by the end of the day
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Maria Evans said...

Hey! Nice skirt.

ME,

ps: hope to see u in my blog!!

Nádia said...

Such cool and girly meet sexy outfit! Loving the touch the ankle boots add!

http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

CIARA said...

gorgeous look!
and lovely picturess!

ciaraspeaceloveandstyle.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Great comfy outfit and color combination!

invasionista

Anthea said...

Very cute Emily!

You're so brave to be moving to a new country! Good luck!

Anthea,
Embracing Style

The Owl's Closet said...

Another great outfit! I'm really loving your skirt! It looks so comfy and chic:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

SAVING BETTY said...

wow girl, HKU, i heard its hard to get in.

completely in love with the necklace and those boots are awesome.

ching said...

i miss playgrounds!

thyaudaciousness.blogspot.com/

Jes said...

Fabulous hun. Lover that outfit,and rad rad rad loco. Love playground, swings are def a fav x

cjau. said...

i love it !

that girl lucy said...

hahhh i love playing on the swings and doing other fun childhood things, so many good memories :) and they make for super cute photos! + that cross necklace is fave. oh wow x

ivy said...

I love swings too. Playgrounds are awesome.

jamie-lee said...

I've always found when old playgrounds get remodelled they never seem the same! Perhaps I just miss the old.
You look sweet x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

becka said...

pretty pictureS! love the skirt

les deux said...

Oh my gosh; the necklace. The SKIRT! I love your outfit. It's so wonderful.

Les Deux - Katie

Theonlyfashionprincess said...

Beautiful pictures. Like the outfit! You've got a nice blog! Hope you will become a follower of my blog too?
xoxo

http://theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com

The October Issue said...

nice necklace

Gorgeous Clara said...

great outfit!!!

beneath the glass said...

great casual outfit- it looks so comfy! and i love the necklace. i get so lazy with my hair too. i recently bought John Frieda's dream curls spray, and it helps my hair stay wavy and not as frizzy when i choose not to blow dry it :)

congrats on studying law- i almost did that too!

Anna Mae said...

yeah i read that in ur blogg alreadyyyy(: haha thanks for sharing tho! btw i got the necklace!!!!!!!!!!! :D & i love it. <3 lol.

ari said...

great pictures. loving your lace up boots I need a pair asap!
xo
ari

ari said...

great pictures. loving your lace up boots I need a pair asap!
xo
ari

Swapnil said...

the combination with the bag and the skirt is really great!

i love your blog
=]

Blackswan said...

such a great look! i love the casualness of your sweat skirt and the playground location

thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment! it's not too late to enter my CRYSTALISED GIVEAWAY, a gorgeous raw crystal amethyst pendant is up for grabs! so get your entry in quick


youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

x Your Only Blackswan