August 23, 2010

feeling light 2 am summer night.






bess cardigan, h&m waistcoat, free people bandeau, american apparel shorts, chains of love necklace.

I'm actually wearing lipstick! For probably the second or third time ever in my life...I never really liked it much but I got this dazzling shade of pink by Liberty of London x MAC as part of a birthday gift and it sort of beckoned to me. I love bold lips but never participated in the look myself because it usually requires lipstick and like I said, I wasn't a fan...but consider me converted now. These bright pink lips will be back.

A big thank you to Anna Mae of Under a Lover's Sky for a blog award!

I know rules are: 1. Post who gave you this award, 2. State ten things you like, and 3. Give this award to 10 other bloggers and notify them with a comment. I usually bend that last one...it might be weird of me but I don't want to have to choose 10 people when so many more people deserve awards. I kind of feel like, "Who am I to?" if that makes sense. But this one I wanted to give to all my followers and readers that keep this blog going, so repost it if you want!

I am going to list 10 things I like though...other than what's already obvious (like clothes, or photography).

1. Dessert. I am such a dessert junkie. Actually, I just have a huge sweet tooth. I'm on the search for the world's best tiramisu.

2. Long haul/red eye flights. I know a lot of people dislike them but I love them for some reason, especially if I'm flying alone. Maybe it's because my 1st flight was 15 hours long to Hong Kong when I was 6 months old.

3. Getting new books. I've always loved to read...my parents actually made me stop reading sometimes when I was little because I'd do nothing else, including homework.

4. Sarcasm. Not the mean kind meant to put people down. I love the light and perhaps slightly teasing kind meant to be funny and create laughter.

5. Those happy moments when you realize how well your friends know you/understand you, and how much they mean to you. Maybe a little cheesy, but true.

6. Macaroni and cheese. This list is getting a little random, but I'm typing up whatever pops in my head, and i just said "cheesy" in number 5. But I really do love mac and cheese to death.

7. Drawing and painting, especially pen and ink as of right now. It's my weak point and I've always admired people who are good at it since I always mess up with a pen. So I'm working on it.

8. Big cities at night. Not roaming their streets going clubbing, but rather looking at them from afar. The lights always looks so magical and even comforting to me.

9. Big, fuzzy robes that you can just wrap yourself up in during winter and sit in front of the fireplace. I got a white one last Christmas, it's one of my favorite items of clothing, if it counts.

10. That I can completely be my silly and random self around my boyfriend and he'll be the same way back...and that he's supported my blogging and even takes photos for a lot of the posts! Also a cheesy thing, but hey, it's the truth.

32 comments:

Eden said...

Love the necklace and the shirt!Great shots;))

KcomeKarolina said...

congrats for the award!!!
you look FAB!
xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

jamie-lee said...

you look gorgeous! and loving reading your list - I have the hugest sweet tooth myself.. may have spent the last 4 days surviving mainly on candy... x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Esther said...

i love big cities at night too <3 one of the nicest cityscape i've seen at night must be hongkong! (not that i've seen alot) :P

joy and amore said...

oh emily,why are you always gorgeous?
amazing chains of love necklace

Katie said...

Great outfit!

Lia Waroka Putri said...

yes Im such a sweets freak!I can finish up packs of candies in one day..lololol xD anw ur pics are fabulous!!xx,barbiejunk

ching said...

the necklaces with all the crosses is cool!

i seriously heart mac and cheese too. i'm a cheese person. lol

thyaudaciousness.blogspot.com/

Doremy Diatta said...

really sweet post, i love it



come by soon,
The Ballon Rouge

jessica wu said...

love love love you shorts! i want a pair... i also like the layering with the vest and blouse. and the necklace is superb!

+++enter my giveaway!
xx

Under the Fluorescents said...

i love your necklace and that song. and the lipstick! i recently did a whole post on fall lipstick trends! check it out :)

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

behindblueeyes said...

You look gorgeous!

Martha said...

cool your necklace!

Adele said...

You look beautiful Emily! I love the whole thing!

Adèle – http://moltocuriosa.com

becka said...

love the lipstick and it looks so good on you :)

BRIE ET CHAR said...

love it! x

Nita-Karoliina said...

You look great. You can totally pull that off!

Trevor said...

this is a great post, i love the style and you look amazing in all the pics. your outfit is awesome, the necklace is super cool! the lipstick looks good on you! i love the first, third, and the fifth and sixth the most but i really like the hair flipping one too! this is a cool stylistic choice too, with the black and white transitions =]

also, congrats on the award! you totally deserve it lovely =] and thank you for including me, that meant alot, i love you <3 <3 <3
mac and cheese is delicious!!! haha =D

little shadow said...

I really love this, you've done the layering really well. I don't think I could pull it off.
Your blog is fab as well, you have great style!
x

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

that lipstick looks fantastic on you!

FashionSmajlik said...

love these pictures ;)

http://fashionsmajlik.blogspot.com/

littlelady said...

imissyou.imissyou.imissyou.imissyou.imissyou. )':

Mumbles said...

congratulations for the award
ahahah I feel the same
I've never been a "lipstick" person,
but I would like to get a pink or nude one soon

♥ Marley

Kayraheart.fashion said...

Gorgeous! u Really do hab a gr88 style..Loving each of ur outfit!
The color of the lipstick is lovely..
xx

Lisa said...

I love the shots, and welcome in the world of lipstick! I love it on you, it's beautiful!

x

foreignfashion.blogspot.com

The F Word Online said...

LOVELOVELOVE the outfit girl !

xx lue

that girl lucy said...

amazing shots girlie, loves the lace, denim and crosses - especially in your hair! new books + amazing friends <3

that girl lucy said...

oh and the lipstick suits you so well babe, your rockin' that hot pink!

Jennifer said...

Love this outfit!!

Between Venus and Saturn said...

sexy hair, sexy necklace

Marta from With Love... said...

I am also just started getting used to an idea of wearing lipstick. I think that color looks fantastic on you and I adore the outfit, very chic!

-Marta

Laura Tenshi said...

I never wear lipstick either, but I really can't understand why do you like long flights. I am terrified whenever I board a plane and all I want is to get over with it asap. Used to love macaroni with cheese too, but had to give them up in order to maintain my body weight.
Loved reading your 10 things, I could relate to you on a lot of answers, like the one about cities at night and sarcasm.