April 9, 2010

more love from hk + a box of vintage beauties.















1. Couldn't resist the disco ball-esque rainbow sparkles on the ceiling.
2. Traffic through a rain stained window.
3. Some of my new favorite things from this trip: vintage Chanel clip on earrings, AIT American in Tokyo trench, vintage crocodile bag (previous post)
4. View from my balcony at night when I fling my camera around some.
5. Some more new favorite things: h&m oversized sweater and Sky tank dress. Plus my mbmj patent platforms I just got fixed...the strap broke a couple months ago.

And then just some random city shots.











Funny how after so many years I never went searching through my grandma's collection of jewelry. I think my heart skipped a beat when my grandma opened up this box of vintage rings and brooches...the bright colors and the unique, intricate detailing took my breath away immediately. My favorite is the ring in the third photo...it's the simplest one, but I can't get over it.
Too bad my grandma said "Maybe when you're 20."


24 comments:

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I love the rings, I have a deep passion for antique rings and all such things;-)

Misery said...

vintage jewellery is always the best :)

Audrey Allure said...

Stunning photos and gorgeous jewelry!

kirstyb said...

love this post - fabulous pics x

J. said...

Love all those gems!

Hong Kong seems so pretty and bright! I love all the neon lights everywhere!

dancinginchiffon said...

Ohhh...love those vintage jewels!

Miri said...

I love the vintage rings...amazing

allthatlace said...

Bahaaha, your Grandma sounds like a hoot :) I'm 22, does that mean I can have some?? Seriously I love her rings, they are so so beautiful.

xx,
Dee

Fashion Drift said...

lovely jewelry.

www.fashiondrift.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Gorgeous pics, thank you for sharing!

stacey kelly said...

those earrings with the trench are so great! seriously amazing jewelry. love all of these pictures.

xx

fall in love with a shooting star...
youareashootingstar.blogspot.com

STARR said...

ugh your photos make me want to go there so bad!

Romany said...

There's not a single image here that I don't love. That jewellery collection is so fabulous - only a few more years till 20, right?
Romany
xx

Trevor said...

oh, these are nice pictures! i really like the picture of you in black crouching, its amaaazing! =D im glad you had fun in HK and cant wait for you to be back home!

beneath the glass said...

Hi Emily! Great blog- love the chandelier and jewelry :) I'm following you blog now- hope you'll come back and visit mine again!

that girl lucy said...

gorgeous outfits!
and wow, amazing rings
x

Sophiemei said...

u back to HK!! wow, i really love to stay in HK where i wanna go again if i got free time!! so~ how long u stay HK!?
love vintage ring, i will remember what ur grandma said!!

Samantha said...

Love your outfit and the jewlery! Cute pictures! I Love your blog. Great post.
xoxo,
http:/www.onceuponafad.blogspot.com

Nathalie said...

The pictures are all wonderful. And this treasure box from your grandma is absolutely breathtaking :)
*Nathalie

SabinePsynopsis said...

Wow, your grandma has a beautiful collection of jewellery! Love the pictures and the black wedges are looking really chic and comfortable.

Catherine said...

I'm in love with that big red bow! Looks so good with your outfit.

-Catherine

The Owl's Closet said...

wow, what a beautiful collection! ur grandma has great taste=)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Jesa said...

Those rings...so stellar!

Also your gorgeous!!

Cheers, Jesa

Lela - seaseight said...

Great the idea of the scarf. I saw something similar weeks ago.
Thanx for your visit!