April 7, 2010

from hong kong with love.
















sam edelman oxfords, vintage bag of my grandma's i just discovered and fell in love with but can't bring home with me because it's made out of crocodile skin, which is illegal in california.

Sorry for the lack of outfit posting, that's definitely one of the downsides of travelling alone and staying in Hong Kong without any of the people that usually play photographer for my blog. But I can hardly complain, I'm back in my favorite city. Unfortunately, this favorite city provides too many distractions for anyone to really focus on work...who wants to work when there's delicious food to be eaten, lunches/teas/dinners with various relatives and family friends to be dragged out to by my grandma, and amazing shopping (no sales tax, hooray!) to make the most of?
And then there's exploring the depths of my grandma's closet, only to come across a plethora of vintage bags and jewelry, and taking photographs of anything that looks vaguely photogenic (like raw meat during a shabu shabu lunch; for those who don't know what that is, you basically get a large pot of boiling broth brought to you with platefuls of raw meat and vegetables which you get to cook yourself...so no worries, I didn't eat raw meat).
Whoops I'm rambling now...perhaps it's the combination of forcing myself to get over a 15 hour time difference in one day, realizing how much work I need to do in such little time, too much food, and the stress of trying not to go broke from shopping (just kidding!).
I hope everyone's having a good week, I can't wait to share more of Hong Kong with you all!

29 comments:

wecangowindowshopping said...

love the shoes and bag!!
looks like fun :D

J. said...

I just came across your blog and really love it!

Fashion Drift said...

i absolutely love your blog. you have great personal style.

www.fashiondrift.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous pics, darling!
Love your oxfords!

xoxox,
CC

Clara said...

lovely pics
your blog is great!
xxx

Christelle said...

love your shoes and bag!
great pics! :)

fritha louise said...

Love those shoes.
And the food all looks wonderfully yummy!

Katie said...

Hope you're having fun! Left you a little something over on my blog if you get a chance to go check it out :)

smokylash said...

I love this serie of photos from HK !


Kiss,
Mél

smokylash said...

I love this serie of photos from HK !


Kiss,
Mél

Adele said...

wow amazing pics! very jelous x

Trevor said...

ah, i love the pictures! nightlife looks amazing =] Im glad your having fun, even if youve got alot to do there XD

ellesappelle said...

cool photos. gutted about the bag...it's beautiful!

michelle_ said...

ooo i love hong kong too :D
shopping is heaven there !
nice bag btw ..

visit/comment/follow me back at..
michelle || glisters and blisters

Mel said...

AHH I'M SO JEALOUS! I love HK! Hope you're having fun!

em.me.ma said...

OMGGG so jealous! HK looks so nice right noww its like mucky and rainy where I am (toronto).

can't wait till i go back in the summer<3

allthatlace said...

The first picture made me dizzy, the food pictures made me hungry and the purse picture made me jealous. I'm just a jumble of emotions ;) looks like you're having fun, lucky!

xx,
Dee

fashion fletcher said...

oh man! I love that vintage bag! The first picture is so amazing! Great photography. Please visit/follow! I absolutely adore your blog :)

http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/

Walk The Sand said...

In LOVE with that bag. I just bought silver brogues...but now I want some gold ones too...
x

Elaine said...

EMILY! My husband and I are going to Hong Kong for a few days next month! You HAVE to do a review on the city please... :) for me? ;)

Enter to win a William Riera dress!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Mish Dish said...

Hong Kong rocks! It is one of my favorite cities in the world. How is the shopping this time of year? xo Mish

Phuong said...

great pictures, i would love to go there!

Catherine said...

Great pictures!!

-Catherine

CaterpillarInCouture said...

gorgeous bag :) looks like you're having fun there, I'm jealous.Those food are sooooo yummy looking:)I'm getting hungry.

Smiles
Jade Rich

sayablack said...

Hong kong is my favorite country!
There are many Great foods,Awesome shopping spot....
I wanna go to Hong kong.

that girl lucy said...

amazing pictures, would love to go there!
linking those cute gold shoes :)

*Coco said...

great blog!
i prefer the food pictures :)

ooo

www.milchwolke.blogspot.com

Georgia said...

love those shoes, cute photos. xx

Daphne said...

WAit- are you serious!? Crocodile skin is illegal in california?! I lived there for four years and never knew that was possible!! God, I'm very sad for you right now- that bag is AMAZING!!!!
xo