March 19, 2010

i'll taste the sky and feel alive again.











romie vest. target tank. vintage skirt. aldo heels.

I found this vintage skirt in December and planned to get it hemmed ('hemmed' is a little mild, it was more like I planned to chop off anything from the top of the split down, thus making it a miniskirt). But, obviously, I never got around to it and now the skirt, split and all, has grown on me. This post is more like me experimenting to see how to work the skirt into my wardrobe, I don't exactly have an occasion to wear such shoes until the weekend. Well, unless you count sitting on an old plastic chair watching a pear blossom tree rain white petals on the lawn as one.
What do you think? How would you work a long skirt like this?

Also...


I just wanted to say thank you to all of my readers/followers/commenters for your support! It means so much to me. I'd love to get everyone one of these chocolate filled happy face pastry-bun things if I could. They're not just cute, they're delicious...the only drawback is the possibility of feeling a bit sad when you have to bite that smile off of them.


P.S. I recently joined bloglovin' and I'd love it if you followed. :)

19 comments:

Mel said...

Oh cute skirt and vest! Haha the bread is cute, I'd probably bite the face off first though because I'd feel guilty the longer I was eating it and having it stare at me!

Trevor said...

oh i love these ones!
the second one is beautiful and i like the one where your hiding behind the flower =]
love the smiley pastry as well =D

Romany said...

I can't wear long skirts - I'm quite tall, and so the length just looks wrong on me...
I'm glad you didn't cut the skirt, it looks really nice! The garden that you're in looks like a lovely place - ready for Spring, that's for sure.
Romany
xx

Marta from With Love... said...

Very pretty look! The skirt is very classic, definitely versatile :)

-Marta

Marta from With Love... said...

Very pretty look! The skirt is very classic, definitely versatile :)

-Marta

stacey kelly said...

your denim vest if fabulous, such an edgy look :)

xx

fall in love with a shooting star...
http://youareashootingstar.blogspot.com/

kirstyb said...

lovely pic great outfit x

Fashion Tidbits said...

that' so cute! i could never eat that!

Miranda said...

The last photo made me smile (:

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous outfit!

The Man from Amsterdam said...

Love your denim vest hey!

Francesca said...

I love how sensual and feminine longer skirts look and wish more people would wear them! I actually prefer shorter skirts but I still like them :)

Emilie said...

Love the denim vest!

Clara said...

lovely pics
your blog is great!!
xxx

Couture Carrie said...

Hi gorgeous!
Love this look and the pics!

xoxox,
CC

em.me.ma said...

so i'm just totally jealous of the cali weather!! its freezing here : (
<3
thanks for the comment :D


yellowscarff.blogspot.com

Sophiemei said...

wow~girl, i love ur vintage skirt(seems look not like a vintage!?), ur outfit little rocky&sexy i love that!! i really wanna try long skirt, hope i can wear like ur perfect!! and look so cute the chocolate bread, did u made it!?

Hildi**** said...

i love ur outfit the skirt the jacket love everyything



www.artismyhustlee.blogspot.com

Bego said...

that vest and shoes are a must have!!
that happy face bun looks so yummy!
-Bego
http://thestylegrabber.blogspot.com/